“Kazinform” International News Agency is the leading news agency, the first news agency in the Republic of Kazakhstan to gain international status.
Over the past 100 years Kazinform has proved to be a reliable and real-time source of information about the politics, economy, education, healthcare, sports, culture and other key areas of life in Kazakhstan and its society.
Kazinform is also the official source of information about the day-to-day functioning of the Presidential Administration, Parliament, Government, regional authorities, state financial and industrial structures.
Kazinform covers news in Kazakh, Russian, English, Chinese and Uzbek. It also uses the Latin-based Kazakh alphabet and the Arabic alphabet to share news with our compatriots residing abroad.
The headquarters of Kazinform International News Agency is located in the heart of Astana. It also has branch offices in 15 regions of Kazakhstan. Kazinform has correspondents in Russia, China, Turkey, Europe, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Jordan who make sure it timely covers everything that is happening in Kazakhstan and beyond its borders. Kazinform’s users and readers reside in all countries of the world.
In its activity the Company (Non-commercial JSC “Television and Radio Complex of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan”) is governed by the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the current legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Charter of the Company.
The Company carries out the following key activities:
- it creates, collects, processes video, audio, film, and photo documents as well as restores and organizes them;
- it is responsible for the creation of the video, audio and film fund for the personal Archive of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbasy and the State Archive of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- it also produces and disseminates video films and TV programs;
- offers information services not contradictory to the purposes of creation of the Company;
- carries out information and journalistic work as part of covering the state policy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, via Internet among other things, through prompt dissemination of information regarding political, economic and cultural life in the country as well as creating a positive image of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the international community;
- also provides sale of advertising space services online;
- offers algorithmization of portals and web projects with the use of data base management systems;
- ensures management and offers maintenance of state electronic online information portals;
- offers dissemination and data processing services taking into account the use of innovative information processing equipment online (Kazinform);
- also organizes television and radio broadcasting in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan and other countries
- it is responsible for its property lease and management;
- produces promotional products and disseminates them on TV and radio;
- produces, dubs and disseminates TV and radio programs;
- produces and disseminates (buy/sell, exchange, distribution, etc.) programs, film, audio, video and other products;
- obtains copyright and associated rights for video, audio and other copyright materials;
- places and completes TV, film, audio and video products orders in the Republic of Kazakhstan and beyond;
- broadcasts TV signal via terrestrial, satellite, cable, wire, and digital communication channels as well as radio links;
- offers exploitation of existing and new terrestrial, satellite, cable and other communication systems, except for telecommunication services with the use of local line network;
- offers information and other services not prohibited by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- prepares and implements projects on TV software products’ development.
Kazinform’s team consists of well-known correspondents, winners of the Presidential Prize as well as winners of the international and regional competitions, recipients of honorary titles and awards.
Kazinform maintains partnerships with over 50 news agencies from all corners of the world, including the world’s top media partners, namely TASS (Russia), IRNA (Iran), ANSA (Italy), YONHAP (the Republic of Korea), MONTSAME (Mongolia), Anadolu Agency (Turkey), Kyodo (Japan), MTI/DUNA (Hungary), UzA (Uzbekistan) FENA (Bosnia and Herzegovina), АzәrTAС (Azerbaijan), TREND (Azerbaijan), ARMENPRESS (Armenia), BelTA (Belarus), MENA (Egypt), Xinhua (China), XOBAR (Tajikistan), KABAR (Kyrgyzstan), Tatar-Inform (the Republic of Tatarstan), Bashinform (Bashkortostan), and TASR (Slovakia).
Additionally, Kazinform is a member of the Organization of News Agencies in Asia and the Pacific (OANA); the Association of National News Agencies of the CIS Member States (ANIA), the Organization of News Agencies of the Turkic Speaking Countries (TSC), as well as the Belt and Road News Network (BRNN).
Pages of history
- 1920 – the first Kazakh news agency – Orenburg-Turgay ROST department is established
- 1925 – it is renamed into KazROST agency
- 1937 – the Agency is transferred to the Council of Ministers of the Kazakh SSR under the KazTAG name
- 1997 – the Agency is renamed into the republican news agency KazAAG
- 2002 – JSC NC Kazinform is established on the basis of KazAAG
- 2008 – JSC NC Kazinform joins JSC National Information Holding “Arna Media”
- 2013 – Kazinform International News Agency LLP is established
- 2019 – Kazinform International News Agency LLP is reorganized into JSC Kazinform International News Agency JSC
- 2020 – JSC Kazinform International News Agency is established by merger with JSC Kazkontent
- 2022 – Kazinform International News Agency is merged with Non-commercial JSC “Television and Radio Complex of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan”
Former heads of Kazinform News Agency:
- Arkady Vyatich-Kirillov
- Konstantin Nefedov
- Jusip Altaibaev
- Kenesbay Usebaev
- Kassym Sharipov
- Kakimzhan Kazybayev
- Zhumagali Ismagulov
- Amangeldy Akhmetalimov
- Murat Arenov
- Gadilbek Shalakhmetov
- Janai Omarov
- Dauren Diyarov
- Assel Tulegenova
- Askar Umarov
- Eldos Nashirali
- Name of the news agency: Information Agency “Qazaqparat” – “Kazinform” International News Agency
- Name of the owner of the news agency or online media: Non-commercial JSC “Television and Radio Complex of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan”
- Full name of Editor-in-Chief: Nurumbetova Darhan Rauankyzy
- Number and date of the certificate of registration and name of the body which issued the certificate: № KZ80VPY00048059 as of 15.04.2022, the Committee of Information of the Ministry of Information and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan Date and number of initial registration: 10.03.1998, 146-ИА
- Contact information (mailing address, telephone number, e-mail): 3, Akhmeshit Str., BC Park Line, Astana city.